Tawfiq Gargour & Fils (TGF) was established in 1928 in Jaffa, Palestine by the late Tawfiq Gargour joined later by his four sons: Nicolas , Habib , John and Allenby.
In the early beginnings, TGF concentrated on trading activities and started trading in oranges. TGF also traded with the largest companies, such as Salzgitter, and in steel, foodstuffs and other products. In 1936, TGF got in touch with Mercedes-Benz in Germany and brought a few cars in return for some shiploads of oranges and this started the relations with Mercedes.
Over the years TGF has grown into a multi-million dollar business. By the 1960s, TGF had shipping and trading companies in over 15 countries in the Middle East and Europe , and as far as Canada.